iPhone email only receive, cannot send

bailifei

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
I have connected my iPhone with my work email box. It can receive every single email, but cannot send out.
It says that the person that I'm sending email to refuses to take the email. But I tried that everyone seemed refuse to take my emails. I really don't know what's going on here. Got any idea?

Nicole Thomas

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
Your question is little confusing, so you are receiving all the emails but you can't revert back. I haven't faced any such tricky situations so I can't help but I would like to hear the solution from experts.

Pooneil

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
I agree that the best thing is to contact the work IT. You need to be positive this is right and that you know how the phone separates private from work outgoing email. Lest your private communications messages get tracked by your employer. It is very easy to communicate over the "wrong" SMTP channel in an iPhone.

If your employer is unsophisticated about communications, then look in Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars to set up a new SMTP (for outgoing email) account or change the current settings. Always do your best to separate work and personal communications.

bailifei

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011

Thanks a lot. I'll check the settings again. I might have done something wrong with the SMTP for outgoing email.