I have an AMD Radeon hd 1gb ddr3 5450 video card and have a question for anyone who may be able to answer.

Gate420

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
My video card is connected via HDMI to My new LG LCD 21.5 Model 23MP47HQ-P There is a headphone jack in the back of it. I am guessing that the only way this jack will produce sound is if I connected a PVR, Console or DVD player via the HDMI cable. I just wanted to confirm or debunk this thought. I figure that the video card isn't sending sound because video cards are just that, however things are much different today and I thought their may be a slim chance that I am missing something.I do suspect that I could hook my Wii up to my monitor using the HDMI cable and have the PC on the regular monitor cable and this would allow me to play the Wii when before I Could not due to others watching the tv, not only that but I would have sound to my headphones.
I believe anyone reading this get's the point I am getting to, so if you could confirm, deny or spread some light on this stuff it would be greatly appreciated
Thanks KoolBreeze420!