GoLauncher Can't add Widgets

DustStorm21

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
I can no longer add widgets like I use to with GoLauncher. I have added widgets before but about a week ago I was no longer able to long press and get the option to add a widget.

DustStorm21

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
I don't use an SD card. All the widgets I added in the past still show and work. I just can add any more. When I do a long press to bring up the menu to add widget, I get a short vibration and then nothing no menu no error...nothing.

Monty Cantsin

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015

I'm in the exact same situation. If you've found the solution, please let me know.

Vaesive

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
Ugh, I wrote up an answer but it got lost in the interwebs -.-

Anyway, this issue has bothered me for a very long time and I finally figured it out. It seems opening the GoLauncher menu is no longer a long press but a glide-up gesture. It takes a few times but it finally opens once you do it just right.

Place your thumb just above the docker (if you're using it). Now. quickly and repeatedly slide your thumb up a few inches. The menu will eventually appear. It is quite frustrating but I can get it to appear after a couple tries with this method. You then can see the menu that allows for adding new screens, widgets, etc.

If worse comes to worse and these directions are unclear, I may have to find a way to record what I'm doing and upload the video to YouTube.

Good luck!