yesterdays windows update resulted in black screen

artsychic

Estimable
Apr 19, 2015
Our Asus 5kkn series running windows 8 with amd. Restarted after yesterdays windows update with the black screen. We called ASUS , and they walked me through system programs that come up when you start up pressing f9. But nothing helped. Going back to earlier dates, that didnt work. Restoring, resetting nothing , got a message that the drive is locked, no. Information available on how to unlock it available online. Was able to configure it to get into safe mode, but it always reverts to black screen after restart unless you press an fkey when restarting, its out of warranty 2 years old. Asus wants a minimmum of 200 to fix it. It ticks me off that a windows update caused this. Its been a great pc! And was working perfectly prior to the update. Anti virus was running and updated. And it was always updated and cleaned of crap. This isnt the first pc that i've owned that died after a windows update. Hope someone can offer help. Im beginning to think the updates are designed to kill a 2 year old pc so youre forced to buy another. My other pc was only 2 years old when it happened then. Bill Gates working to keep his fortune i guess lol