Galaxy S3 Not Charging /Un-Charging with plug

Beckybuu

Estimable
Apr 7, 2015
For the past week and a half I have been having an issue charging my Galaxy S3. When I plug a charger in, it doesn’t always indicate the phone is charging. I have to wiggle the charger around until it looks like it is charging (Red light comes on and battery symbol has a lightning bolt) Sometimes it suddenly stops charging even though nothing has touched the phone to move the charger. Sometimes the light comes on, but it isn’t charging. Twice in the last week the green charged light has come on indicating that the battery is fully charged. I unplugged the phone and check my email. About a minute later the phone is down to less than 20%.
I’ve noticed recently that the phone is actually uncharging sometimes when every indication is that it should be charging. For instance, the other night I checked my phone about 3am to make sure it was charging. The phone said it was at 67%. It had been in the high 70s when I went to bed. When I got up at 6am, the phone said it was only charged 42%. At the time my mobile data was turned off and it was on airplane mode with all my apps closed. I have never noticed the battery to drop that much unless I am using it.
I have tried several different wall plugs and connected the phone to my computer. All seem to give me the same issue. I have less incidents when it is plugged into the computer, but I’m not sure if it is the computer or the angle that the phone is in when it is plugged in there.
Is it the battery? Is it the connecter on my phone? How can I fix this?
Thanks!