Want to check if graphics card or other components is dead

hollox111

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015
A few days ago, I was playing Guild Wars 2 and all of a sudden, my laptop screen froze. I tried to Ctrl Alt Del, spam my keys and whatsoever but nothing happens. Waited for about 10mins and decided to force shut down it. I have played this game for more than 2 years but this is the first time I encountered this problem. When I switched on the computer, my nvidia graphics card showed error 43 in device manager and I realise that my laptop seem to run slower. Reinstalled drivers but nothing happened. So I decided to toy around with the graphics card. I plugged it out and replaced the thermal paste and plugged it back in and it worked. However, after playing Guild Wars 2 for another 1 hour or so, the same thing happened. I tried doing the same thing as before but to no avail. Since the computer ran slower as compared to usual, I decided that I might as well do a system restore. Everything went well but the moment I opened Guild Wars 2, even before i could log in, the computer froze. Tried the same thing but to no avail and so i decided to do another system restore but error 43 still persists and noticeable drop in laptop performance. While I suspect that the nvidia graphics card may be dead, is there a possibility that some other parts are responsible for this issue and what are the they as I have a feeling that a dead graphics card should probably not be the cause of such performance issues (pardon me if this is wrong as I am a computer noob :)).

Specs are as follow:
Alienware m17x R3
Intel Core i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
8.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit
Nvidia Geforce GTX560M

Do ask for other specs or screenshots of CPUID and so on if needed. Thank you in advance.

cyphrxl

Estimable
Oct 18, 2015
well sorry for the late reply but it means that your graphic card has been cooked and it ll keep heating up as soon as you start your computer , shortly your graphic card is dying (most probably dead yet) its a symptom which says that you have to say goodbye to your gfx card

TRENDING THREADS