BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (NETIO.SYS) Windows 8 Laptop

CamScottBryce

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Hello,

I recently got the message:

"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.

If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (NETIO.SYS)"

Since then, this screen has come up at random times, unexplicably. I've searched for some answers but no one has a fix that worked. I don't know how to access crash dump logs (because I'm not familiar with this), but any help would be appreciated. I haven't downloaded anything weird, but I also can't system restore because it says "System restore did not work, no files were changed" or something to that effect. Any help, please?

johnbl

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
any bugcheck in netio.sys will indicate that you need to update your network drivers.
This can be your wired ethernet, your wireless ethernet or sometimes your bluetooth wireless drivers.

first stop would be to your mother board vendor site and look for updated device drivers.

Note: if you have a USB wireless ethernet adapter. The fix may be more involved.
you may have to update the BIOS to get USB fixed, update the CPU chipset drivers to get USB 2.0 fixes, update the motherboard usb 3.0 chipset drivers to get USB 3.0 fixes, then update the driver for the actual wireless USB device and delete the old driver.