What do you guys think of the new MacBook?

drumrocker365

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014
What do you guys think of the new Apple MacBook? No, not the Air or the Pro. The new 2015 MacBook. This isn't a question looking for one specific answer, rather a discussion. Go to town :D

In my personal opinion, it is not worth it. It is weaker than the air in terms of cpu and gpu power as far as I know of, so please correct me as I am not sure the exact cpu that is inside the mac. It is really for people that want something that is small but will last long and also don't want a 11 inch for some reason.

Feel free to ask any questions about this to me.

drumrocker365

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014

This is all about opinions so there really isn't a need to correct you :)

I honestly have to agree with you. Although, **IF** I had all the money in the world, I'd pick one up for vegging on the couch and doing light browsing, since I MUCH prefer a laptop over a tablet, but I hate how the average laptop is heavy, thick, has a crappy battery, and is hot.

But why the new macbook and not the 13 inch air? It is only 1.3 inches larger? Wouldn't that be more preferable as you have more screen real estate and I think the air is thinner as well. Also it is more powerful enough to handle multitasking as it has an u cpu rather than a w series which is the lowest powered cpu you can get. This woun't be very good for multitasking.

drumrocker365

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014

Actually, the new MacBook is 24% thinner than the Air - it also is lighter. My point is that the purpose of the new MacBook (for me personally) would not serve as a power laptop. It would STRICTLY be for basic activities such as checking email or browsing these forums. All powerful tasks would be handled on desktop or more powerful laptop. The purpose of having this MacBook if I had a lot of money to afford it is strictly for convenience.