Is there such thing as a Dual-Boot menu?

GunnerM

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015
I feel like Ive read about something like it before.

What Im looking for is something i can download on my computer that will let me easily choose which hard drive I want to boot from. Right now I am dual-booting Windows 8.1 with windows 10 Technical Preview, they are on two separate hard drives. Id like something to come up on my screen where i can simply click to boot between my different operating systems. Opening the bios every time and choosing my boot drive is a pain.

I think I also read something about Linux software having this feature built in. If it does, please share more information as i have an extra hard drive and dont mind installing Linux.

Thank you in advance.

Solution
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/change-the-default-operating-system-for-startup-multiboot

You can follow that same general set of instructions. The "Time to display list of operating systems" option is the one you should be concerned with. Set it to 30 seconds, or however many is comfortable for you. When you boot, it will bring up a list of OS'es you can choose to boot, which you can navigate using your keyboard (not your mouse, unfortunately).

I don't know if that applies to multi-booting on tablets though, but I'm guessing you've just posted this in the wrong section, in which case I'm happy to move it later on.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/change-the-default-operating-system-for-startup-multiboot

You can follow that same general set of instructions. The "Time to display list of operating systems" option is the one you should be concerned with. Set it to 30 seconds, or however many is comfortable for you. When you boot, it will bring up a list of OS'es you can choose to boot, which you can navigate using your keyboard (not your mouse, unfortunately).

I don't know if that applies to multi-booting on tablets though, but I'm guessing you've just posted this in the wrong section, in which case I'm happy to move it later on.

Solution