Samsung NX1 Mirrorless Camera Review: Superfast Shooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

explorer76

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
Can you please also talk about low-light focusing of this camera. Some of the reviews seem to suggest that once the light level go down, NX1 becomes very slow to focus. Is that something you have discussed with Samsung? Hoping one of the future FW updates could fix that!

David Schloss

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
We found the low light focus to be on par with any other system in this class. That is to say that it's not as fast as a well-lit scene, but it's certainly better at low light than mirrorless rivals like the a7, etc.

explorer76

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
So would you say that NX1 AF is on par with say E-M1, GH4 or A6000 in low light? Some of the reviews and user reports indicate that it is below par in these conditions.

David Schloss

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015

I personally can't answer that for all of them, as I didn't review the other ones but yes for the E-M1. The GH4 is MFT so should absolutely be lower quality in low light than the NX1

explorer76

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015

I personally can't answer that for all of them, as I didn't review the other ones but yes for the E-M1. The GH4 is MFT so should absolutely be lower quality in low light than the NX1

Thanks for your prompt response. I meant to compare to GH4/E-M1/A6000 only in AF speed, not in IQ. If NX1 is on par with E-M1 in low light AF then that's definitely not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.