Why cant I unlock 4th core on GIGABYTE GA-MA78LM-S2

mortimerlopez

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
Ok, so I have this phenom 550 and it was working perfect with an MSI board I managed to unlock it to a x4 B50 but now I cant unlock the 3rd and 4th core on the gibabyte board, its supposed to be good for it. DO i have to change the core value, I set it to hybrid and auto and nothing, I know it works on this board, but why wont it work for me, remember the cpu unlocks the cores on this chip.

Thanks,

Mortimer

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
I have the GA-MA78LM-S2H board (my has HDMI output which is the only difference).

For my Phenom II X3 720 BE, I have to do the following under the MB Intelligent Tweaker section:

■ Enter the Advanced Clock Calibration section
■ Set EC Firmware Selection to Hybrid
■ Set Advanced Clock Calibration to Auto

That's how I unlocked my 4th core for me.

bbwalker21x

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
i have the ma78lm-s2h as well, and i happen to have a phenom II x2 545, and when i try to go to ACC, and set Ec firmware to hybrid and Acc to auto, the system gives the changing ecc firmware message, and when it reboots, my monitor shows nothing! I have had to reset the cmos manually, and really want some help unlocking my cores?

Also, I have a 350 watt psu, some cheap brand that came with my case. Do i need a better psu?

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008

Not every chip can be unlocked. You may have a chip where the two cores really are bad.

bbwalker21x

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010

oh, ic... is there a way to at least try to unlock either one of the disabled cores?? I see in the acc options there is a per core thing, but have no idea how to use it? Is it possible to just unlock one of the 2 disabled cores to make it a triple?

thefuncooker

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Sorry for bumping and old post, but I have the exact same problem with the exact same motherboard. However, my psu is 500 watts, and I still get the boot error mortimerlopez got. Does anyone know what kind of psu I need? Thank you.