Coretemp normal after unlock?

quicksilvr

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Hey everyone,
I recently unlocked the 4th core on my AMD athlon II x3 450. After unlocking it, i booted in and everything seems to be working fine. I'm going to run a stress test on it later, but my question is with coretemp. After running the program, it seems that the unlocking of the core only increased the heat output by a little bit. After doing some research, i found out that this might be inaccurate. Is there a better way of checking the cores' temperatures?

Thanks!

with cpu or gpu heat sensor programs...there are two temp that testers look for...idle temps and load temps...with new cpu with more then one core and new bios with energy feature you could have 20 core cpu but with light load only one or two cores are running. that why testers us burn in programs like prime95 that forces the cpu 9all cores to run maxed out. the trick then is run speedfan after 10-20 min and see if the cpu is within spec and that the turned off core is close to the other cores in temp. if the core works but pull more voltage you could have the chip over heat. the other issue is the core may not be stable under load.