i have the log file c /windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt problem

bigje99

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
Hello,

dont worry i made a lot of research etc before creating this thread ! here are the details of my situation:

bought a laptop 2 months ago, came with a 1To HDD. it's a asus refurbished gamer laptop and it had a second slot for a driver so i put a SSD. and then i transfered windows into the SSD, and i have my HDD as second driver for storage. i bought a program who did the transfer very quick and very clean. everything worked great. yesterday the laptop 'closed' qand tried to repair etc but couldnt, so im stuck in the troobleshoot page where you can restart refresh etc etc. i have to mentionned i downloaded Vuze yesterday and then some torrents (couple of populars Walking dead torrents).

so tried a couple of solution like doing chkdsk r/ for couple of drivers. also, using command prompt, i tried to look for logfiles in system32 but there wasnt srt folder so maybe its hidden i dont know but i dont know how to allow hidden files from where i am . i did not try the restars option because i dont want to lose all my files but it wouldnt be that big of deal but i read that this option doesnt even necessary work so i think i would do it if it worked but im not sure. i have a backup on a USB driver but i cant find (oups) but it might be at my girlfriend's house so i'll check tonight.

i think a solution is to open the logfile and then find a corrupted file and then find this file and delete it ? dont know how to do that. i realised im not 100% clear on everything and im sorry im not very good with computers.. thanks very much if anyone can help !

cgw1970

Estimable
Jun 3, 2015
Hi - did you manage to sort this out? My Asus is doing the same and I don't have my USB back up :-(