Weird Grey Box At The Bottom Of The Screen

Akusho

Estimable
Dec 25, 2014
Hello!
Recently I noticed a grey box with some kind of letter appearing at the bottom right of my screen. I can move it, but it's not clickable. Doesn't appear straight at startup and there's nothing weird in the process list other than the usual.
I tried disabling everything that I can in the task manager except for the Avast and Comodo Firewall.
Image:
s20SSP3.png

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Davetr13

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
Got rid of it. Open Comodo from the icon in the tray. Click on "Tasks" top right. Then "advanced tasks" at the bottom.Then "open advanced settings" bottom right, Untick "Show messages from COMODO message centre". "OK" your way out and restart the computert.
It gets rid of the desktop widget type thing as well as the unwanted grey box, but I can live without that I reckon. Everything else seems to be running in the background as normal.

c0sm1c

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015
Also have this, it appears on my rightmost monitor (out of a 3 monitor set up) in the far right bottom corner.

Suspecting its a lazy programming artefact or something, like they tried to move it off the visible screen but didn't move it far enough, or some new windows code is snapping it back into the visible desktop area.

Seems to definitely be a part of Comodo

To confirm this:-

click on the green arrow near the top right corner of the interface

Under Advanced Tasks,click 'Watch Activity' (Which Runs Comodo KillSwitch)

Click and hold the 'Find Window' icon at the bottom of the KillSwitch Window, and place cursor over the mysterious window with the partial letter in it

You will notice an instance of cis.exe is highlighted.

The process can be terminated but I'm not sure what comodo functionality this is disabling?

Is annoying as it often appears on top of other windows so am looking forward to a definitive answer / fix for this

Cheers

Cosmic

Davetr13

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
As far as I can see, everything else "Comodo" is running normally. As I remember it only ever seems to come up with an offer of assistance from an expert on the odd occasion when anything nasty is detected. The firewall still comes up asking permission to connect when it finds something "new". (I have it set so that it doesn't automatically let programs connect the first time)
I'm leaving mine as it is for the moment, but if anyone finds a reason to have the message window on please post here.

blutstarrr

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015
Its doing my head in... so what i do is open up task manager * ctrl+alt+del then end both comodo apps. one of which IS the stupid grey box.. then i restart comodo from desktop shortcut. and the problem is gone! also check out my music www.soundcloud.com/filipo-blunt thnx!!