My andriod got wet. I put it in rice for 24 hours but phone keeps rebooting and saying sim card not detected

Solution
Sadly, rice is not a magical substance that reverses water damage. Most likely, some internal components were damaged when it got wet. Probably best to get it looked at by a professional to see what can be salvaged/what needs to be replaced.

ladavanzo

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015
For the no Sim card error message -try the foam fix " method ,as I like to call it . Place a small piece of foam like material (any soft piece of material can be used such as the type place under rugs or to open jars). Use a small piece and place it on the back of the phone where the Sim card goes so it may cushion the area then replace the back cover to secure it in place . Then restart the phone and see if it removed the message of no Sim card. It has worked for me in the past. If the phone has been wet and placed in rice along with the battery too -it should actually help -however if the internal part of the phone got water damaged -it probably would need replacing unfortunately . Hope this helped .