My RCA tablet won't turn on. What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Mabe

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015
I had this problem with my 8 year olds 7" RCA tablet. It's the Android 4.4 system. I did the following and it worked perfectly. Hold the on-off button down and the volume button UP at the same time. (might take one or two attempts). Hold them both in this position until you get a menu on the screen. When the menu appears release both buttons and with the VOLUME button scroll down to the line that says re-set to factory settings. Press and hold the ON-OFF button until the screen re-appears and let it reset itself. (this can take a minute or two. Your tablet should return to its original setting and come on. You only lose your pictures and downloaded games but you can always reload them, no big deal. It has worked perfect since I did this. Good Luck. TM

David Lyatuu2

Estimable
Mar 6, 2015
my rca tablet won't turn on I tried charging but it's not working what do I do?
Even me I have same problem in mine Model RCT6203W46
But am already report to them in their site the say they will reply to me after 72hours so am stilling waiting for them because my tablet it has only 2 weeks...just report to www.rcatablet.com

hhimommy

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015

this worked perfectly! as a matter of fact, we only had to push the power and volume buttons a couple of times and it worked! Thank you so much--it would have been a long day without my daughter's tablet!

diamond crosby

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015
My rca tablet isn't working I tried charging it but it's still not turning on what do I do and i tried reseting it but it works it just charged then i try turning it on and it cuts right back off when i try to turn it on its says rca then it just automaically shut right off after i try to turn it on what should i do?

Melvyn Longtin

Estimable
Mar 26, 2015
I had this problem with my 8 year olds 7" RCA tablet. It's the Android 4.4 system. I did the following and it worked perfectly. Hold the on-off button down and the volume button UP at the same time. (might take one or two attempts). Hold them both in this position until you get a menu on the screen. When the menu appears release both buttons and with the VOLUME button scroll down to the line that says re-set to factory settings. Press and hold the ON-OFF button until the screen re-appears and let it reset itself. (this can take a minute or two. Your tablet should return to its original setting and come on. You only lose your pictures and downloaded games but you can always reload them, no big deal. It has worked perfect since I did this. Good Luck. TM

Thank you it really works!:) I am so happy for the result. This method worked perfectly. It’s easy to follow the instructions. Thank you thank you!:)

SkyAnne

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015

The same thing happened to me except way worse...I think. My tablet a couple of days ago shut off and wouldn't turn back on. Then the next day it wouldn't turn off. Then it wouldn't work if it wasn't plugged in. And now it won't even work at all. Like, it won't even turn on even for a second.

Uticax

Estimable
Sep 5, 2015

Thanks this worked perfect, you saved me a bundle! :)

Maria_8

Estimable
Oct 24, 2015

I've repeated this attempt to turn it on it just flashes on the battery logo with an exclamation point

Kdlyn

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015

I followed the steps above but instead of resetting to factory settings, I selected the reboot option. My son's tablet came back on normally after that. :)

Ashley_13

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015

Hold the power button for 10 seconds. I just did it to mine. it is now working.

HieiKasai

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016

I did the same thing the person above did. I pressed the power button and the + button at the same time and it will appear a thing as soon as you do that. Just press the 1st opption and it should work! :D It worked for me! Hope it works for you!

Nancy_13

Estimable
Jan 30, 2016

I bought a USB charger 1.5 cm at Walmart for $8. I connected the tablet to my laptop that was turned on an connected to power. I let it charge for 1 hr. I then held down power and volume for 10-20 seconds. I kept doing this until it came on. I left it charging for 4-5 hours. It will only take a charge via the laptop.

Senta_

Estimable
Jan 31, 2016
I had the same problem except upon finding this answer...it wasnt the volume up button that worked for me it was holding down the power and volume down button

Tomodachi24

Estimable
Feb 7, 2016

I tried his idea and it failed miserably... :( My tablet runs on 5.0 Lolipop...

Nancy_13

Estimable
Jan 30, 2016
Get 1.5cm USB cable that connects to computer. The tablet will not take a charge directly using the charger that came with it. Connect the tablet to the computer using the USB. Make sure the computer is turned on. Push the power and volume button down at the same time for 10-20 seconds. Do this once or twice. Let it charge. If it does not turn on wait a few minutes and try holding down power and volume button again.

Status
Not open for further replies.