How to unlock AMD Athlon II x3 450 to 4th core

NoisyBoy

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Hey, I've purchased a new PC with a AMD Athlon II x3 450 CPU and I really want to check my luck and see if I can unlock to the 4th core and more exactly to AMD Phenom B50. The name of my mainboard is ECS A780LM-M2 (I heard it got a special function to unlock 4th core) and when I restart my PC and I press Delete it appears a CMOS mainboard utility ,not BIOS or other thing. So please tell if I can unlock my AMD Athlon processor to a AMD Phenom quadcore, if yes, how ? Thanks for attention.

NoisyBoy

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Well, I don't really know ,all I know that when I restart my PC and press Delete I'll go in CMOS Menu ,and the only section to change CPU setting is a section named CPU Voltage Control or something like that...

womble

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Just had a quick look at the manual and can't see it myself, I think ECS used to have a section called motherboard intelligent tweaking or something like that. Oddly enough the features section on the website mentions the ACC control option. Perhaps it is enabled in a later BIOS update? Could always submit a query to them to make it clear, they have a question submission form, hopefully they'll respond.

Good luck with it.

tihutch

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
hey, i have the same mother board and just unlocked my fourth core! what you do is restart the computer, press DEL, frequency/voltage control, advanced clock calibration, save and exit. then you should have a quad core processor.. tell me if it worked.