Most Disappointing Games of 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Mulligan

Estimable
Sep 20, 2014
How about Raven's Cry? A promising pirate game that has been delayed three times this year alone!

Ok, I get it. It doesn't make the list, because it's probably going to be a 2017 game.

MakPo

Estimable
Dec 12, 2014
How is Destiny not on this list. It was way too built up and while it was fun, it was too short. And the fact that they limited teams to 3 was so annoying. I beat the game as a level 19 character. Many of the good items are not even available until level 20. One of the few games I have ever spent more than $20 on and it was more of a let down than the ones I get for free the xBox Gold.

vidfreek

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
Well I have to say that there is no need to spoil plot lines for any of these games to talk about why they were horrible. I got the Evil Within pretty cheap a couple of weeks back and now you've ruined the story line for me, thanks. A list of bad titles has no need to spoil things like that, especially on such a new game. Not cool guys

Mike Andronico

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
@MakPo Destiny certainly came close, as it's filled with frustrations. However, the game was mechanically sound and visually brilliant, and, unlike a lot of games on this list, actually worked as advertised. This led to the game being too weak for our Best Games list, but not appalling enough for Worst Games.

Jill Scharr

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
@vidfreek: Hi, I'm the writer who reviewed Evil Within and wrote the above blurb. I'm sorry you're disappointed, but the story was one of the reasons we gave it a bad review. I will be more mindful of this in the future, however.

vidfreek

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
Well like I said, you could have wrote many things about the story that described your dislike of it and criticized how bad it was without spoiling anything. But thats exactly the kind of weird psychological story that I like and it would have been great to find out what the mansion actually was and whats going on, but alas that wont happen now :(

Also the same can be said about the Castlevania 2 review, again, more can be said about the 2nd game without spoiling the ending to the first game, more care needs to be done with these quick synopsis reviews, much could have been said about the game mechanics and the dumb mechanics about turning into rats without having to give away the ending to the first game, which is also one I never got around to playing.

Its nice to read some opinions about bad games but unfortunately people have the easy ability to spoil stuff for others without really knowing about it. I had the first season of Game of Thrones spoiled for me this way by reading an article about Sean Bean that had nothing to do specifically with the show, but the writer decided to give the ending away and I couldnt unread it, it was pretty uncalled for....

phlebble10

Estimable
Oct 29, 2014
How come skyrim isn't on here? Its crap, buggy, laggy terrible resolution and no multiplayer options. I know it was a 2012 game but is should of at least got a special mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.