Best Wi-Fi Routers (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vabiraj

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
Can you say when you will be updating this article with the newer AC3200 routers that have been recently released by ASUS and Linksys?

deekster_caddy

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
I'd like to know how these routers compare to an Apple Airport Extreme AC. Near the same price point as the ASUS and Linksys but can also use a USB hard drive for Time Machine backups of home Macs. But what about performance?

billhorvath

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015
I am DESPARATE for a router that can accommodate the fine-grained parental control needed to handle two kids with access to around seven devices between them. It has to be easy enough for my wife to use when I'm away (I write software), but advanced enough for me to dig into the configuration details. I can't afford to wait for the Luma guys to get their act together - I need this NOW. Any suggestions?

guysaban

Estimable
Nov 26, 2015

To BILLHORVATH. You may want to check the Synology RT1900ac. I read that it has good parental controls and an easy (and sophisticated) user interface. On the Synology website its says the router is available in many regions but it will only be available early 2016 in North America.

Quoting Gizmodo Australia "Synology’s RT1900ac router lets you organise just about every aspect of your home’s wired or Wi-Fi network, down to specific devices, specific Web addresses and specific speeds. If you want to make sure your Xbox or Playstation is getting a straight pipe to the ‘net, or if you want to stop your kids from looking at Facebook on their laptops after 10PM, this is the device you need in the middle of your house."

Status
Not open for further replies.