How do I find out my number on my galaxy tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Try this link: http://support.kickbit.com/customer/portal/articles/958760-how-do-i-find-my-tablet-s-mobile-phone-number-.
The gist of it is:

To find the cell phone number on an iPad
Tap Settings
Tap General

To find the cell phone number using an Android tablet
There are a variety of different Android operating systems, and you may find subtle variations with the following instructions:
Tap the Settings icon
Tap the "About device" option
Tap the "Status" option
The cell phone number is called "MDN" which is short for Mobile Directory Number
The telephone number is called "Cellular Data Number"

Either Titillating has never owned a tablet or was (or is) clueless. It never ceased to amaze me why some people just find it impossible to...

Justmeagain

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015
Try this link: http://support.kickbit.com/customer/portal/articles/958760-how-do-i-find-my-tablet-s-mobile-phone-number-.
The gist of it is:

To find the cell phone number on an iPad
Tap Settings
Tap General

To find the cell phone number using an Android tablet
There are a variety of different Android operating systems, and you may find subtle variations with the following instructions:
Tap the Settings icon
Tap the "About device" option
Tap the "Status" option
The cell phone number is called "MDN" which is short for Mobile Directory Number
The telephone number is called "Cellular Data Number"

Either Titillating has never owned a tablet or was (or is) clueless. It never ceased to amaze me why some people just find it impossible to just say, "I don't know". Or why even bother making a reply in the first place if you aren't sure? These kind of people want to sound knowledgeable but end up sounding like a moron. Millions of dollars are wasted on car repairs, what school to attend, what medicine to take (or not to take) because some egocentric nut gives wrong information.

Solution
Personal attacks are unnecessary, particularly in an inactive thread. OP wanted to use Google Hangouts. Hangouts is linked to your Google account, not your phone number. I told them the information they needed in order to do what they wanted to do.

Also, the part of the article that you conveniently forgot to quote? "Not all tablets have a phone number. Only tablets with a phone number that those that have a cellular connection you pay to use with a prepaid plan or contract."

bonerici

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
could not agree more. Why is it so hard to say "I don't know" I think it's the dunning-kruger effect, surrounded by idiots on all sides who think they are experts

John_641

Prominent
Feb 9, 2017
If u need to find ur sim card number, just pull it off and insert it on a phone and ring someone next to you, (useful if u want to get a girl's number too), or if its a data sim just get some app on playstore to rwad it for you. Any sim info apps might be able to help you. There's a lot of it.

Kelly_57

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017

• Actually, they do have phone numbers. I have one on my Tab S. You can't use it as a phone number. Don't ask me why, but here are the steps: Settings, General, About Device, Status, scroll down to My Phone Number.

bill_145

Prominent
May 17, 2017

Best advice. Well done. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.