Trying to convert my Galaxy Tab 3 (7.0) to Kit Kat from Jellybean as Games wont save to the SD card

hychamaz

Estimable
Nov 11, 2014
Hello all!! I tried Kies but it would not even recognize my device when plugged in.. Quite frustrating.. I tried the Lucky Patcher Recomendation. That asked for 2 more programs and still didnt work
-It was a nightmare but I spoke to Samsung and got transferred to one of their supervisors. After a half hour chat, I asked for his ID#. He gave it and I was disconnected from the Samsung chat. I logged in again and he said that he didnt do it lol. A liar. The second after you ask for his ID (his name was Sammy) I was disconnected, lol, and he said he didn't do it.. Amazing hahahahah....
But finally he said that my Galaxy Tab 3s SD card slot is just for pictures and media... No gaming can me moved with a 4.1.2 Jellybean device!! That really contardicts the tons that have done it ... The update to 4.4 only I have read is going to certain countries... So who knows if it will come to Finland?? I will I guess try this 4.4 update while learning ROM flashing at the same time... I just wish that all of my sons gaming data is saved before I do this.. Some say it is saved to Google+ but I really want to be sure before I make this a mess. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
Sincerely, Graham

Solution
Android does not have native support for running apps off your SD card. The rep did not lie to you. You need to use various third party apps to transfer them over, many of which require root access.

Not every device gets every update, and they certainly do not get it on a timely basis. Android is simply too fractured for that right now. Each manufacturer puts a different spin on the OS, and updates are published at their discretion. If you want to enjoy the latest and greatest, look into the many custom ROMs out there, who frequently update themselves to include at least some facets of the newest stock Android versions released by Google.

The gaming data is saved to G+ if the game supports that. Not all of them do. Some of them save...
Android does not have native support for running apps off your SD card. The rep did not lie to you. You need to use various third party apps to transfer them over, many of which require root access.

Not every device gets every update, and they certainly do not get it on a timely basis. Android is simply too fractured for that right now. Each manufacturer puts a different spin on the OS, and updates are published at their discretion. If you want to enjoy the latest and greatest, look into the many custom ROMs out there, who frequently update themselves to include at least some facets of the newest stock Android versions released by Google.

The gaming data is saved to G+ if the game supports that. Not all of them do. Some of them save the data/progress to a specific account that you must create with them. Some of them simply do not save the data to any external service at all, and that data is lost once it is wiped from your device.

Solution