Best phone of 2014?

kevinbacon

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
In need of an upgrade currently have Iphone 4 and have had it for more than 3 years.
I heard the iphone 6 has a lot of issues and not sure if I should get it.
What phones do you guys use? What do you recommend?
I use my phone to use twitter,tumblr,music, text my friends and family and email.
So i guess mainly for social purposes and not business/work.
I also want a phone with an excellent camera (both front and back) I know google/ android have a LOT of phones out but dont know whats the newest and best.

the42guy

Estimable
Oct 26, 2014
I don't recomend the iPhone 6 if you're one that drops your phone, it's thin and a little slippery (in my opinion). If you want a phone with a big screen, you could go for the Galaxy note, but that's $300 on contract, but the Note 4 has a nice metal body and a 2k screen now, and has a fairly nice camera on both sides. The LG G3 also has a really nice camera and a great 2k screen. You could also try and get a OnePlus One, but you have to wait in line for an invite. Back to Samsung, the S5 has a great camera as well, along with incredible durability and a nice processor (most phones won't be deficient in this area). If you're looking for something cheaper, the Google Nexus phones are nice, and the Nexus 6 is coming out soon as well. This not only means you can get your hands on a really recent phone, but you can also get your hands on a nexus 5 for cheap once the 6 comes out. Another phone that is quite cool and recently released is the new Moto x which is only $100 on contract, and its body is customizable, and Motorola has some really cool accessories/toys/software features you can play with.

Sorry for a lot of info, but it really depends what you like, because there are tons of designs and small different features.
look here for specs and comparisons: http://www.phonearena.com/