Will my verizon wireless LG G3 work if i switch over to straight talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copenhagenman

Estimable
Oct 21, 2014
I have a LG G3 and i have a plan threw verizon but they seem to be robbing me blind. Will a AT&T sim card from straight talk work in it?

MsJazz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2014
I don't think it will. Verizon runs on a CDMA network, while AT&T uses GSM. The two are incompatible. Also, CDMA phones have the SIM card built into the circuitry on their motherboards. Unlike the micro-SD cards, they cannot be removed. Unless your G3 can use GSM, you're out of luck. BTW, many people confuse the micro-SD's with SIM cards. They are not the same. Sorry to break the news.

cablemel

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015
Verizon utilizes GSM for LTE. ***ALL*** Verizon phones that are capable of LTE have a SIM CARD slot. With that being said, ***ALL*** Verizon phones are factory unlocked from the start.

****YES**** you can use a Straight Talk, Cricket, AT&T, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, TelCel, Boost Mobile sim in it.

Just be aware of the LTE phones WITHOUT GSM bands but still use a sim (a.k.a Verizon's LG G-Vista)

But the heavy hitters (S3, S4, S4, Note 2,3,4 G2, G3, Droid Series) They can be used with any sim, and run UP TO 4G (HSPA+) T-Mobile Sim in VZW will run LTE though. (and if you travel enough, your AT&T sim will occasionally pick up a LTE signal) wherever it is they use Band 4.

This is not the 90's, that whole VZW is CDMA only thing is done and over. (P.S. - Even Sprint has a few SIM capable phones that may be unlocked)

Please learn facts and stop steering people in wrong directions.

-MD, Xda

Kreativekris

Estimable
Feb 6, 2015
Known of these suggestions are accurate ... I know I have a lg g2 AT&T and I purchased the Straight Talk start up pack and from then ( July ) till Tuesday when I damaged my screen at which point I put my Straight Talk Sim into my old AT&T 4s

Kreativekris

Estimable
Feb 6, 2015
You have to go to walmart and buy a straight talk start up sim it's $9.98 then shut your G3 (beast#want) then remove your Verizon Sim it may not actually have the sim depending on when your phone was manufactured or the model Verizon is very new to sim use but your phone should be equipt to hold one . Then pop in your new Straight Talk sim and call custom service most of the time it needs manual service change that can be done by you over the phone given the rite reprecentative BUT if u end your contract don't pay remanding balance due and phone cost for ending your contract then they will lock your IMEI then u or anyone else I've heard of so far can do ANYTHING WITH IT

ToneDuece

Estimable
Mar 8, 2015
I actually am in the process of doing this now and the only problem that I am running into is that I only get two maybe 3 bars of service when on H+ while when on E I can get full service for talk and text but data is next to nothing

Keeks

Estimable
Apr 10, 2015

Keeks

Estimable
Apr 10, 2015
Actually it will work. Verizon lte phones come unlocked and their sim slots work for gsm phones. I'm using a Verizon iPhone for T-Mobile right now and used a Verizon htc m8 prior.

anilg14

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015

I just popped in my AT&T working sim card into my a Verizon LG G3. I can make receive calls, but data is not working. I have tried changing the network settings from Global to all other possible options.

Am I missing something?

Robbie2058

Estimable
Apr 18, 2015
You need to research the APN settings that would be on AT&T's GSM network to allow for your data and picture messaging to start working. Without the proper information, it doesn't know how to function. Just google APN settings for AT&T Through Straight Talk

Wish you best of luck!

frogclocker

Estimable
May 26, 2015

You're an idiot. All Verizon phones now come factory unlocked WITH gsm capabilities as mandated by the fcc. Yiud have to be a complete moron to confuse a SIM card with a micro ad card. Also, all of the New Verizon phones come with removable SIM cards because of the reason I listed above. Check your facts before answering a post

Jake Carson

Estimable
Jun 5, 2015
Straight talk
850 and 1900mhz
Lg g3 vs 985
850 1200 1800 and 1900 mhz
Vs 985 3g band
1900 mhz
Vs 985 4g band
1800 mhz

In other words, it will work for calls, texts, and data on straight talk, however 3g will be available, 4g will not

GeekyNinja

Estimable
Jun 18, 2015
Verizon Nerfed their LG G3 phone and removed the ability to use bands 4 and 17 which is what AT&T (straight talk sims) uses for their LTE. I have tried everything I know of to get LTE to work but nothing.

Sorry but if you want LTE speeds your going to have to trade your verizon LG G3 on craigslist for an AT&T model. Should be several people wanting to do this for an even swap

dnsays

Estimable
Jun 25, 2015

your also incorrect i have a lg tablet from verizon with straight talk and the 4g works fine with LTE just have to change the apn sittings

Fernando Love

Estimable
Jul 5, 2015

Yes it well work, the only down fall is that I can't seem to get or send picture messages. But the txt,calls, and internet works good. The LG g3 comes unlock to cdma and gsm

babysnooki

Estimable
Jul 21, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.