Cell phone + Internet Combo (without landine)?

Colin Dale

Estimable
Oct 20, 2014
Is there such a thing as a single bundle that enables (1) a cell phone with broadband connectivity, and (2) that same broadband (same monthly cost) connectivity at home, so that I might connect to the Internet via my laptop? At the moment I have a landline, primarily for its broadband, but over which I also make standard phone calls; and a separate pre-paid cell phone (cheap). If the sort of bundle of which I'm dreaming exists, I'd willingly give up my landline – so long as I still could connect to the Internet from my laptop – and willingly invest in a better cell phone (smart phone?). My goal, obviously, is to reduce my monthly phone/broadband cost. Right now it costs me approximately $90/month for my landline + broadband service, and the as-needed cost of added minutes for my pre-paid cell phone.

Sorry, but I don't think that is a thing, at least not in the U.S. (unsure of where you're from). The only thing that comes close is tethering and using your mobile data plan, but there are soft and hard caps to your data limit that way and would probably cost you more than broadband internet anyway.

Colin Dale

Estimable
Oct 20, 2014
I was afraid that might be the answer. I've been looking for your for such a simple bundle: a single Wi-Fi contract that enabled both my mobile cell and my at-home laptop. Were I able to find such a bundle, I wouldn't need an at-home landline. (I'm also eccentric enough that I don't need a bundle that includes any sort of TV connectivity! Weird, I know. Ha.) Thanks, though, for your reply.