Need a new headset

uoducks2110

Estimable
Sep 24, 2014
Hey guys I just recently had my Tritton AX720's of 4 years break on me. I was hoping to get some help with finding a new headset for gaming that isn't too crazily priced ($100-200), I was kinda hoping to stay with a Tritton headset because of the longevity from the first one (I had friends get Turtle Beach's and they would last like 2-3 months max). Thanks for the help in advance!

ewok93

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Tritton has poor sound quality for what you pay. The Corsair Vengeance 2100 is great, has really good sound and mic quality, you can wear it for hours comfortably, and it's very durable. The Steelseries Siberia V3 is another good option, it was just released.

Azizinum

Estimable
May 18, 2014

BlueFireZ

Estimable

Yea the Corsair vengeance h2100 is one of the best, but were not sure if he also wants to play xbox or playstation. And to aizizinum the senheisers are also great, but the hyperx clouds are not.

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
If you're okay with spending extra cash, I'd buy the Sennheisers. Either the PC 363D, or the G4me series (Zero has better noise isolation with closed cans, while One is open for acoustics).

The Corsair headphones have a smaller frequency range, and are wireless; which is nice, but battery life will always be dependant on playback volume and ambient conditions. Also, when the manufacturer says "up to 10 hours" for battery life, know that you'll probably get half that in real-world scenarios over the life of the headphones. The Sennheisers are wired, but you won't have to worry about charging up your headset after you're done gaming. As with all things battery powered, I'd expect it to last you a year, maybe two, before it needs constant charging to stay alive during long gameplay. Unless they are selling/plan on selling battery replacements, don't expect wireless headsets to last very long.

I hate cables, but there is no real replacement for cables when it comes to longevity of a product when the cables are not abused.

ewok93

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
The Corsair headphones are also much cheaper, you do get what you pay for. You do generally get close to 10 hours of battery life, and having the 2000 (same thing with weaker brackets, the reason they made the 2100) for 2 years, the battery still lasts for 8 hours. If you can pay for the Sennheisers, go for it.

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014

Really? That's quite impressive. What kind of batteries are in there? With the way batteries last, I'd expect wireless headphones to last about 1 year before lifespan went to 60%. I'm assuming you charge yours properly though, and you probably don't have long gaming sessions? Sorry, but something doesn't add up for me lol. Maybe they really are that good?

ewok93

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
I'm an insomniac so I have incredibly long gaming sessions and really charge it whenever I feel like. They just last a long time, speaks for the quality.

ewok93

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
I'm not sure if it works on the xbox, and if it does it will not have the software for surround. Your best option is probably the Sennheiser G4ME Zero, if you can pay the extra.
Closer to your price range, the Steelseries Siberia line is great, just avoid the Elite (the Elite Prism is good). You can use them as an analog or USB headset, and the have great sound quality, comfort, and durability. The new line released this month includes the Siberia V3, Elite Prism, and the cheaper Raw Prism.
Creative also has good cross-platform headsets, and they really focus on sound quality.

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014

Definitely would like to know what kind of battery they're using, and how they manage to squeeze impressive battery life out of those cans. That's pretty interesting.

BlueFireZ

Estimable

First thing that comes in my mind when you say that are the Turtle Beaches, which are built for consoles and pc. But im not sure if they are very good.