• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep Searching

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kjar

Estimable
Sep 19, 2014
After many questions and searching the web for hours, I have yet to find a competitor for this custom Sager 8268-s. Sure, I like the Razer blade looks or the Origin Evo15-s but they can't match the specs of the Sager. The sager custom build comes out to $2,200, very similar in price range to a lot of laptops. (Sager 8268-s link: http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_info&model_name=NP8268-S) Any comments would be appreciated, this is my first time buying such an expensive piece of hardware and I'm all about bang for buck. I would primarily use the laptop for gaming; occasionally for graphics.

I have three primary questions:
1. Is it worth it?

2. Is it overkill or just an odd mix of parts?

3. Is this all compatible? I'm worried that I may exceed the power requirements or something of that nature.

The specs
-Display: 15.6" Full HD LED-Backlit Display with Matte Finished Surface (1920 x 1080)
-Video & Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M GPU with 8GB GDDR5 Video Memory
-CPU Processor: 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4810MQ Processor ( 6MB L3 Cache, 2.80GHz)
-Thermal Compound: IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU
-Memory: 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz - 2 X 8GB
-Drive Slot 1: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO Series mSATA3 SSD
-Drive Slot 2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO Series mSATA3 SSD
-Hard Disk Drive 1: 1TB 7200rpm SATA2 Hard Drive [$20.00]
-Optical Drive Bay: Optical Drive or Hard Disk Drive in Optical Drive Bay with Caddy case 8X -DVD±R/RW/4X +DL Super-Multi Drive & Software
-Wireless Network Card: Killer™ Wireless-N 1202 802.11 A/B/G/N Wireless LAN + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Module [$15.00]
-Primary Battery: Smart Li-ION Battery Pack 8 cell
-Integrated Security Device: Fingerprint Reader

Kjar

Estimable
Sep 19, 2014

Where did you buy yours from? I'm thinking about buying it directly from Sager. I have heard negative things about Xotic pc and the like.

popatim

Splendid
I bought mine directly from Sager. The tech who 'built' my laptop even called me twice to update me on the progress (ie - not for more sales) and when it would be shipped. I bought mine during a Christmas sale which was quite a money saver. You might want to see what they come up with for Black Friday if you can hold off that long. LoL

Kjar

Estimable
Sep 19, 2014

Yes, I've been attempting keep looking at laptops until Black Friday/Christmas sales show up. That being said, it always seems that Sager has a part or two on sale. Thanks for your comments, they definitely help with my confidence level.

Kjar

Estimable
Sep 19, 2014

Thanks, that's good to know. I do travel so a sturdy rig is preferred.