ASUS PadFone X Mini Tested: Does Hybrid Handset Live Up to the Hype?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crabtree212

Estimable
Oct 15, 2014
You're seriously comparing at $199 phone+tablet to $500-700 (off contract) top of the line smartphones? Comparing a $199 device to something ~3x the price is ridiculous. Of course it's going to look like junk in comparison. Show us the performance compared to smartphones in the same price range like the Moto G.

CherlynnLow

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014
I was JUST going to add the Moto G so thanks for pointing that out. Hope you notice I also had the average smartphone/tablet scores in there as well for more context. Went for the more premium phones since they might be more familiar to readers who don't know the other devices. I've updated to make it clearer the PadFone X Mini offers two devices for a lower price than those premium handsets. Hope that helps! =) And thanks!

anthony8989

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
It did feel like you were picking on the Padfone X Mini a bit Cherlynne.

I couldn't possibly form my own opinion on the Padfone once you had compared it to the likes of the S5 and iPhone 6. Please, next time compare it only to other devices in its price range. It was just too difficult to see that it's a mid-range smartphone with the added bonus of a snap-on tablet apparatus for just $200.

Thank you for adding the second to last paragraph to clear up our confusion.

AutobahnSHO

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
Been using it for three days now. Cheap build, but the phone itself is snappier then my old Galaxy Nexus. Most apps don't resize well, they require restart when docking or undocking. Kit Kat works great, tablet and phone are responsive, easy to swipe keyboard (stock), and despite the brightness complaints it's fine to see outdoors.

Sound is quite loud, the minimum volume is way too loud!

Calls work fine, even docking or undocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.