Is there a windows 10 discussion ongoing?

stillblue

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I've installed win 10 in a virtual box and I must say it's much nicer to work with. Not enough to make this longtime Linux user switch mind you but I'm going to hate fixing windows much less. Everything is easier to find from both user and maintenance standpoints and I don't find myself having to search the net for instructions on what should be basic things.

We actually have plans to create a new subforum on Tom's Hardware just for Windows 10, but that might take up to a few weeks to implement. Until then, the Windows 10 threads are around but they are spread all over the place because there isn't a proper place for the discussions to take place.

Would be pointless. Most users don't read or follow instructions, and things will end up wherever they decide to post it. That happens now constantly with topics like new builds or graphics cards (which have their own subforums), and mods have to come in and move the thread. Heck, I spend a good chunk of my time moving threads around and linking users to stickies because they choose not to read them before posting a question.

You're welcome to create your own discussion thread on the topic of Windows 10 or jump into a current one--not that there are many, considering that not many people have adopted it while it is in this preview stage. When the Windows 10 subforum goes live, all threads tagged with Windows 10 will be moved there, but until then, no, there is no specific thread of area where discussions of this sort are taking place.