just a simple question regarding labtop keyboards

MigLeader

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
hi there friends , i just wanted to ask something really crazy , hope you at least look in to it.

i have the the Fangbook hx-400 labtop (MSI GT70) and its the one with only 1 red color backlit keyboard , here is the question:

-can i buy a keyboard with multi color backlit and change it with mine , is it only the keyboard is the difference or also motherboard support.

i know its just easier for me to sell this one and buy another labtop , but i like to try new things , and if it can be done , then wow amazing.

for ex this Keyboard : http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-For-MSI-GT60-GT70-MS-1762-Keyboard-Colorful-Backlit-US-Compatible-WIN-7-/161222561046?pt=US_Laptop_Replacement_Keyboards&hash=item25899d0d16

will it fit , it says the model support is:GT70 MS-1762 / mine is GT70 MS-1763

thanks a lot for even reading this crazy question

permanoob

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
The keyboards in a laptop are specifically engineered to fit in that laptop, maybe a couple of other models. You could check with MSI/CyberpowerPC/Fangbook/Whatever and see if they have a replacement that's a different color. But you can't just buy any ol' keyboard and swap it in.

digitaldoc

Distinguished
Herald
You need to keep the same keyboard on the notebook. If the notebook is otherwise ok, leave well enough ok. Trading in a notebook just for the color of the LED is a waste of dough IMHO.

TRENDING THREADS