• Sound Driver
  • Windows 8.1
  • Realtek
  • help
  • eMachines
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
September 20, 2014 2:43:21 PM

Hi, i'm really clue-less right now.

so i got a Emachines E725 that i have Formated and installed Windows 8.1 on (used to be a W$ Vista) and everything seem just fine, exept one thing, i get no sound from this s****, no sound from eather the headphone jacks or the internal speakers. the sound worked before i formated it.

now the thing i don't get is that i've been looking at the driver a bit now, and the sound card driver is a "realtek high definition" driver, it says that it works like it should, but i still got no sound. i've tryed unistalling, rolling back and updating the driver but nope. i can choose from a microsoft driver or the realtek one, but non works. if i press the speaker-icon in the taskbar and plays a youtube video, it shows that it's suposed to make sound and it looks just normal. i can't seem to find the driver i need because i don't know which one i need and which site i can trust.

please please help me, i need this cheap crap-laptop :I thanks

More about : emachines sound driver problem

September 20, 2014 3:22:22 PM

First make sure the default playback device is the realtek and not something else. Rt click on the speaker down in the system tray by the clock.
September 20, 2014 4:01:11 PM

popatim said:
First make sure the default playback device is the realtek and not something else. Rt click on the speaker down in the system tray by the clock.

yeah, it's the realtek one
Related resources
September 26, 2014 3:56:13 PM

Realtek or realtek HD ? one would be regular and the other optical...
October 27, 2014 1:25:14 AM

it's the HD one, atleast when i right click on the drive in Device Maneger it says "realtec high defenition something something"
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS