Which laptop should i buy, Lenovo or Asus?

Which laptop should i buy, i5 4200U with nvidia 740M or i7 4700mq with R7 M265?

• Asus i5 4200U with nvidia 740M

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Lenovo i7 4700mq with R7 M265

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HareRama

Estimable
Sep 20, 2014
Hi people i need your help with deciding which laptop to buy.
The options are:
Lenovo G510 with following specs:
CPU: i7 4700mq
GPU: AMD Radeon R7 M265
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Screen size: 15.6
Ram: 4g
Asus X450LB with following specs:
CPU: i5 4200U
GPU: nvidia 740M
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Screen size: 14
Ram: 4g

Price is the same

Use:
Most resource hungry stuff i'll do is casual gaming, games like Bioshock infinite, Dead Space 3 and the likes.
yeah i looked in some places and it seems the 740M is better than the M265. i compared how they both perform running bioshock infinite in netbookcheck site and it seems that the M265 does slightly better in this game.
At the end i might take other factors into consideration like battery life, portability etc... and choose the i5 for these reasons. i just never owned very strong CPU before (always few years behind), this is the reason i am tempted for the i7 one. plus looking in other sites like game debate, it seems like the recommended ram for both GPU's is more than 4g of RAM, but its less important for the 740M card.
please discuss whatever you think about these laptops and vote whatever you think you'll buy, maybe it'll help me decide. :p

Bennett Yardley

Estimable
Jun 6, 2014
I would recommend the Asus for two main reasons. Nvidia Graphics Cards are designed with gaming in mind and mostly do better than AMD. Also the processor in the Asus is newer so it most likely has some better features.
Good Luck with the buy!

HareRama

Estimable
Sep 20, 2014
First of all thanks for the answer. Yes the 4200U is one month newer than the 4700mq iirc, but the real difference between them is that the 4700mq is much stronger while the 4200U is a low voltage cpu and consumes much less power for all i know.
For Nvidia 740M vs the R7 M265 yeah according to benchmarks and such the 740M is slightly better, and i dont think the stronger processor will help to increase performance in games, but i dont really know till i'll try these two build, so i am asking if anyone got experience with similar builds to know it.
Like i said i checked in: notebookcheck.net the performance of both in bioshock infinite which is probably the newest game i am going to play on this machine, and the M265 performs better. the use of the laptop other than once in a while playing a game like bioshock (i like strong atmosphere games), will be for regular stuff like web browsing watching videos, office work etc...
for all i know i am not going to run resource hungry applications in the near future, so i dont really need processing power. but since both of the laptops cost the same i thought why not.
Other things to take into consideration are the warranty of the asus laptop is 3 years while the warranty of the lenovo is one year. but for all i know if i'll to fix my fan in the laptop in the future its going to be a pain in asus laptop, while in lenovo i'll only need to remove two screws and i'll be at the fan already ( i have asus laptop right now and last time i replaced the fan i had to disassemble the entire laptop to do so).
If you got more insights about similar laptops i'll be happy to know. thank you again.

I would also go with the asus as gpus are more important in games than cpus. Cpus are only important when you want to do some series multi - tasking or some cpu intensive games.

Also the ulv processor will make a huge difference in battery life