Jenfer Anthony

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014
I am installing Avira Free AV but when it is almost done installing it said error code:5
and i browsed to Program Filesx86 i tried deleting Avira folder but it is locked i used LockHunter
CCleaner PC cleaner and Revo uninstaller Pro Trial but none succeded i need some help
And here are some informations
http://imgur.com/pbi6ocV

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
If safe mode doesn't work, you can always try using a restore point from before you installed Avira. It's probably only a good option if you recently installed it, and decided it wasn't a good fit, but it's something to consider as an option.

Personally, I've not had this problem.

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
I always go to the source for my downloads. Even then, I'm leery to actually download a majority of software that hasn't been widely approved of by various sites I trust. But, that's a personal thing.

If the OP wants to download it from the source, here's their webpage

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
Well, I had an interesting thing happen to me when I tried to download the program via the creator's webpage...

WLcAi0q3_original.png

Ironically, someone recommended this software in the security thread, and Chrome blocks it as malicious (well, I'm currently using Iron, which is a modified Chrome). I found that worth a chuckle. I was only going to download it so I could scan it with Comodo in the first place; so I went to FileHippo, and had no problem downloading from there. Comodo came up with absolutely nothing on it, but VirusTotal came up with 6/55 positive hits for it being positive/harmful. The community also votes it more negatively than positively. Check the link for yourself.

If I were considering using it, I'd see both the negative results from Iron/Chrome, and the votes from VT, and pass on installing it. If you want to install it, sandbox the install to be on the safer side of things. Personally, I'd look around for other, less potentially harmful options. Then again, I don't trust software very easily.

Paul NZ

Admirable
Sounds exactly what it did to me. I think FF stopped it from downloading. So tried IE. That was fine

But while it was in the download folder here I didnt install it, but the system started to act strange.

Its like bluescreenview. Havent been to that site for a while now. But cant now its dead.