• ASUS G750

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MSI GE70

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ramrod1984

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014
I'm looking at purchasing one of these two laptops.

ASUS G750
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=34-231-630

MSI GE70
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152558

Looking for some opinions on which is the better purchase. Specs wise they are nearly identical, same processor, same graphics, same amount of RAM, and same screen size. I see the ASUS is quite heavier but I'm not too worried about that. Also neither have a SSD so that would be the first purchase after the initial purchase. A few of the questions I have are: Are the HDMI ports on these ran off of the dedicated graphics card? I know some gaming laptops support dual hard drives. Do either of these? I can't find any info if they do. I have never owned a MSI product before but I have read good things. Are they comparable to ASUS? Better? Also how much bloatware am I going to have to do away with these? I've never used Windows 8 (Eww) before is it beneficial to "downgrade" to Windows 7?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am going through gaming withdrawals being away from my PC for so long. Also if there are other laptops that I should be looking at that are near the same price point let me know.

Thanks Again.

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014
"Are the HDMI ports on these ran off of the dedicated graphics card? "

Yep

"I know some gaming laptops support dual hard drives. Do either of these? "

The asus has one HDD slot and one SSD slot, I guess this is the same case with the msi

"I can't find any info if they do. I have never owned a MSI product before but I have read good things. Are they comparable to ASUS? Better? Also how much bloatware am I going to have to do away with these? "

They are very comparable, Asus is a bit more expensive but has better cooling, MSI has a great keyboard

"I've never used Windows 8 (Eww) before is it beneficial to "downgrade" to Windows 7?"

No, it's not beneficial. It's actually anti-darwing

"Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am going through gaming withdrawals being away from my PC for so long. Also if there are other laptops that I should be looking at that are near the same price point let me know. "

These models you linked are among the best for your budget

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014

Yes, it does. A battery is made out of cells which translate chemical energy into electrical energy. More cells mean the battery is bigger and can provide more power

Personally I would go for the asus for the following reasons:

1. Better type of vram. The asus uses GDDR5 instead of ddrl3 which is a low powered version of ddr3. This you will notice while gaming

2. Cooling. As the asus is bigger it will have better cooling than the msi.