M A W

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
I'm trying to decide on the best settings and format to put our podcast in. I tried exporting it as FLV on the best video settings but it still doesn't come out that great. If I put it on AVI with video on best then it looks good but the file size is a whopping 4GB. And that's will take forever to upload to Youtube. I also tried putting it as AVI with Optimized Stills but the file playback was problematic, however fixed when uploaded the image quality is still not that good.

Basically I'm trying to find a good middle ground between file size and quality. I'm using Premiere Pro. It's about a 20 minute podcast, most of the video except the intro consist of several still images. I'd rather not wait an hour and half to upload it for something that's really not much different from a lengthy Powerpoint project with audio. Please suggest a good format and settings for me to use.

Do you have an option to export as .mp4 or h.264? If yes, have you tried one of those? AVI files as you found out will be quite large. What format is the original file in? What version of Premiere Pro are you using?

M A W

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

I can export as both of those but I haven't tried yet. The video is made from scratch in Premiere but the imported audio is MP3. I am currently using CS6 Premiere Pro.

Experiment with exporting as both and see which one you like better. Using a 2-pass instead of a 1-pass may help with video quality and will increase the size of the file. Experiment with both and see if you notice a difference in the quality.
I have Premiere CS6 so I might be able to help if you have questions about the export settings.