AMD Athlon ii x3 450 Unlocking 4th core!?

alexakis99

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
Hi,
I just bought the AMD Athlon ii x3 450 and i want to unlock the "hidden" 4th core(if possible).But i want to know if it's possible with the stock cooler,and if i can damage my CPU?
My motherboard is ASUS M5A78L-M LX3 and it has the core unlocker.

m32

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
It is fine. Hopefully you don't have an damage 4th core (won't know till you try). As far as temps with the stock HSF, we won't know till you unlock it. Maybe it runs cool, maybe the 4th core runs a little hot, so maybe under/overvolting my be required.... We'll worry heat, stability and everything else if it can get into windows.

I wouldn't overclock that CPU on that board when your finish though. I recommend underclocking and undervolting it a little if/when it is unlock. It might be fine how it is.... but I could't advise someone to do it.

alexakis99

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012

I enabled the Advanced Clock Calibration,opened the PC and i had 3 cores.I enabled aslo the Unleashing mode and BAM!! i had 4 cores!!Should i run Stress Test and with what program?How can i monitor my temperatures if it has a problem after unlocking the core from what i've heard?(Not sure)

alexakis99

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
------------EDIT-------------------
After 10 minutes blue screen appears and i have to restart the PC.After 10 minutes again the same happens.Do you think that it is from the unlocking from the fourth core or from a virus?