how to remove virus from samsung galaxy 5s

jagugauri

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014

I have connect to pc my samsung galaxy 5s from that day i cant download songs or anything from my web plz help to remove virus from my mobile..

Solution

Titanium Backup will backup all apps and app data, so when you restore after clearing your phone, you can select which or all apps to restore, and the app data will also be restored. Meaning, lets say you back up a game, youre on level 10 of that game... so you back it up with Titanium Backup... you delete the game or wipe the phone... restore from the backup with Titanium Backup... game is back and its just as you left it at level 10. You do need to be rooted to use Titanium Backup, but its so easy to do, even on a GS5. You can use Towelroot if...

Vexillarius

Estimable
Aug 23, 2014
A factory reset often helps. That clears the flash memory, which is where viruses usually reside. The downside is that you'll lose all your apps, pictures, videos, setting, everything.

DarkDubzs

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

Titanium Backup will backup all apps and app data, so when you restore after clearing your phone, you can select which or all apps to restore, and the app data will also be restored. Meaning, lets say you back up a game, youre on level 10 of that game... so you back it up with Titanium Backup... you delete the game or wipe the phone... restore from the backup with Titanium Backup... game is back and its just as you left it at level 10. You do need to be rooted to use Titanium Backup, but its so easy to do, even on a GS5. You can use Towelroot if you have a Verizon or AT&T phone, which had been previously un-rootable.
Pictures. Super easy, back them up on Dropbox. Its free, decent limit at 2.5GB IIRC, easy to use, can download/upload via desktop and app.
Videos. Plug in your GS5 to your computer, find the videos located on the phone, copy/save them to your computer or a flash drive. After you wipe the phone, plug the phone back into the pc and move the videos back over to the phone.
Settings, not much to be done there, but its not too hard to just redo your settings, its likely you havent changed much in the settings. I would normally recommend a Nandroid backup, which is basically a clone of the phone software, but that would not fix the virus issue.
Contacts. Google syncs them with their native cloud service on Android devices. As long as you are logged in with a google account, like a Gmail account, you can sync the contacts. When you log back in with the same account, after you wipe the phone, Google should sync the contacts back onto the phone. IIRC, you can also export contatcs to your SD card natively from the phone.
Text messages. The free app, SMS Backup, is what you want for this.

OP, feel free to ask me more questions on how to backup and restore your phone once you factory reset it, which is what youre going to need to do to get rid of any viruses. Its not too hard to do, just time consuming, but once you backup all your data and files from your phone, its going to be all good.

This video may also help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6NIm4M971A

EDIT: How to export contacts to SD card.
http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Import_or_export_contacts_to_the_SD_card_Samsung_Galaxy_Sreg_4_nonSprint_Sparktrade/48285-705

I highly suggest you buy an SD card, at least a 16GB one, theyre only like $20 or less anywhere. Note, you need a microSD card

Solution