iPhone 5C water damage, any hope?

ericarzou81

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014
I have a 5C that fell in the pool about a month and a half ago. I replaced the battery hoping that would fix it but it didn't work. When I charge it, the phone doesn't turn on but one of the parts inside the phone gets really warm. Do you think there's any hope that it can be fixed? Thanks.

Solution
Not really much you can do to fix water damage. You can hope your warranty covers it, but you're mostly stuck getting a new phone; repairing it will probably cost you just as much between the parts and labor.

Some people claim leaving it in a bag/bowl/tub/whatever of rice for a while will magically reverse the fact that water got into your phone, reached the circuits and shorted the thing. I think it's nonsense, but if you don't want to buy a new one, it's worth a shot.
Not really much you can do to fix water damage. You can hope your warranty covers it, but you're mostly stuck getting a new phone; repairing it will probably cost you just as much between the parts and labor.

Some people claim leaving it in a bag/bowl/tub/whatever of rice for a while will magically reverse the fact that water got into your phone, reached the circuits and shorted the thing. I think it's nonsense, but if you don't want to buy a new one, it's worth a shot.

Solution