Corrupted iPhone 5 backup fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcx436

Estimable
Mar 6, 2014
I have an old iPhone 5 that recently died but I have a backup from it, and I would like to put the backup on a new iPhone 5. However the backup is corrupted, I would really like to fix the backup and put it on my new phone or at least get the info off the backup, I've looked around but I can't find much that entails to my situation. Can anyone help?

pcx436

Estimable
Mar 6, 2014

I accidently hit add as the solution. Anyway, I think so. My new iphone is indeed on the latest version, and I believe that the old iphone was as well. All I want to do is either restore this backup onto my new phone or open up the backup and take the files and info out of it.

plast0000

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013

ok

on OS X the back up file is located here
~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

on Windows
Vista and later
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
<USERNAME> is the name of your Windows account

xp
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

pcx436

Estimable
Mar 6, 2014

Yes I know about that, I've visited the folder a few times. However when you go on in there there are a bunch files that I cant open with any program I know of.

plast0000

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013

http://www.iphonebackupextractor.com/
extract the back up file using this

pcx436

Estimable
Mar 6, 2014

This is working pretty well, thanks a lot!

barrygis

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015

I had the same problem recently. Did a backup prior to getting a refurbished phone to replace a battery issue. Moved the sim card (Verizon) and iTunes said the backup was corrupt. I tried it on my old phone, after I had already blanked it and had the same result. I saw the "iphone backup extractor" below, but I wanted my stuff on my phone. I found another utility "Decipher Backup Repair". Both wanted $30 to activate them. I downloaded the free version to see what it discovered, and the sprung for the $30 activation (30 day moneyback gurantee).

It ran on my password encrypted backup and created a modified version that loaded up just like it was supposed to. It was worth $30 to get everything back in order.

Best suggestion, do backups on a regular basis so at least you have a choice when something goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.