Phone contact names duplicated because of viber

StevenAcw

Estimable
Aug 30, 2014
I have used viber for some time. Previously, my phone contacts on android were merged with phone contacts (and they showed separate google and viber icons) where my phone contact had viber installed. Now, all contact names on phone are duplicated separately for google and viber (whether or not that contact even has viber installed).
So it's very annoying for two reasons - I do not want duplicated contact names on my phone, and I only want contacts who actually have viber installed on their phones to show as viber contacts in viber, and not my whole contact list.
I am using Note N7000, but previously had no problems with it.
Please help. Incredibly time consuming and frustrating. Merging on the phone doesn't work. Using a third party app appears to help, but it is overwritten.

Maggie777

Estimable
Aug 26, 2014
Hi
The same exact thing I have faced with my contacts. I suggest first go through your phone contacts and see if there are any duplicate contacts . After removing the duplicate contacts check your viber if you still are seeing duplicate contacts then uninstall viber and again install it. Also I like to mention one thing whether or not yourviber contacts only show viber icon against those contacts which have viber app install only. All The contacts will appear in your viber contacts but there won't be any viber icon against those contacts which have not installed viber already.