• MSi GE70 Apache Pro

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Asus ROG G750JM

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Highest

Estimable
Aug 26, 2014
Lately I've been needing an upgrade from my less than spectacular laptop that loves to go blank when I'm playing my games. I just need a bit of help deciding between which ones to go for. I've narrowed it down to two that I like but I can't decide which to buy.

MSi GE70 Apache Pro

Or

Asus ROG G750JM

There's a bit of a price difference but that's about how much I'm willing to go. Which do you think is better and why? I'm having a rough time figuring it out.

Also, there's a lower priced version of the Apache that has a Geforce GTX 850M instead of 860M for about 100-200 bucks less. Is that worth it?

As much as I hate to recommend any MSI product, that's probably the better buy if going strictly off of specs due to the 7200 RPM hard drive vs the 5400 RPM hard drive in the ASUS. That's about the only superior spec between the two. That being said, the ASUS is a better product and if you added an SSD to the ASUS it would rip the MSI hands down. Of course, the MSI would also perform far better with the addition of an SSD as well. So, as is, the MSI. For quality and customer service, the ASUS. And if both models had equal SSD's, the ASUS.