Which Lenovo laptop would be best for me?

ApocalypticCows

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
I am looking at the following systems:

Lenovo L440 - total $834
i5 4300m
1600 x 900 display
Intel graphics 4600
4GB RAM (will add 4GB more by myself to save $)
No fingerprint reader or camera
9 cell 99.9 wh battery
Intel dual band AC wireless

Lenovo T440 - Total $959
i5 4200u
1600 x 900
Intel HD 4400 graphics
4 GB Ram, would add 4 more
Fingerprint reader + 720p camera
Micro Hard Drive:16GB M.2 Solid State Drive Single
3 cell front battery + 3 cell rear battery, both 23.2whr
Thinkpad Wireless 2 x 2

Lenovo E440 - total $709
i5 4200m
1600 x 900
Intel Integrated HD Graphics
4GB RAM, would add 4GB more
No fingerprint reader
Camera + microphone, presumably non-HD
6 cell 48wh battery

Some random points:
a)The fingerprint reader and camera aren't really a big deal to me.
b) The price of these could be reduced by changing the screen to a 1366 x 768 display. Is that worth the drop?
c)All three of these run windows 8, and all three have the option of adding a touch display, but this jumps up the price. Would this be worth it?
d)I'm willing to carry around a heavier laptop, but it's obviously not ideal. I am fairly set on a 14" screen.
e)A long battery life would be appreciated but is not completely necessary. I'd say a minimum of 4 hrs

Which would be best for an incoming Computer Science major? I have a gaming desktop at home so I won't be playing any more than maybe some indie games on here, but I need to be able to run whatever I need to for my classes (although they haven't told us what type of programs we'll need to run...).Price is not the hugest issue, but I would really like to keep the price down. That's why the E440 looks so attractive.

If any of you think some other laptop would work better and for a cheaper price, please let me know as well.

Thanks!

EDIT: I also just looked at some of the Lenovo y40 series laptops. They seem to be cheaper and have better components. Is the build quality on these worse or something? Would anyone recommend the y40 over what I was considering before?

arsenalfun

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
If I were you, I'd go with ASUS. I don't know why you like Lenovo so much (even though it is good actually), but I did some comparison (see my sig) and I find that in this price tag you are looking for, your best bet is ASUS Vivobook V551LB. It costs just over $700, it comes i7 CPU and 8GB RAM. You may be short on budget, so I'd recommend you to wait a bit and earn more money, rather than buying something outdated.. good luck mate!

G

T series are thinkpads, they are not decided for gaming, look at those Intel HD Graphics and gtx 730ms, go for the Y40. It should handle modern games at medium settings smoothly!