people can hear sound through my pc??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrald

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
i have tried everything to get my PC to stop taking audio from my speakers and play it through the microphone. when ever i talk to my friends on Skype steam or any other form they can hear the sound coming from my PC I have even unpluged my mic and they can still hear my music??
I also have the listen to this device turned off in the control panel.

stefsom

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
hi,
if you right click on sound icon->playback devices->Communications-> try to set it to mute all other sounds

jerrald

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

no sadly this did not work

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
Sounds like a driver issue to me. Check to make sure the driver is up to date. It could also be a problem with the way the driver handles things in general. Switching to a different driver might fix the problem. But, these might only work if this is a driver issue.

It could very well be something else, but if no one else has any ideas to try, I'd start there.

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014

Just had a two ideas because of yours, Beezy.

1) Try a USB audio card (if you aren't using one now), or switch to the motherboard (if you're using a USB card. Switching the hardware that delivers the audio might solve the problem. If so, then...
2) If there is any "bleeding" from the signal of your output to your input, that could cause this problem on the hardware end. This is very unlikely, but it could happen. If your hardware is old, or cheaply built, this is a possibility; albeit fairly unlikely.

Victor_96

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Was having the same issues with my Turtle Beach x12 headset, I found a way to fix it on my computer though.

Right clicked my mixer at the bottom right>recording devices>(my microphone) properties>levels tab> Then disabled the microphone boost by dragging it to 0.0dB
It worked for me
hopefully this can help some people out.

jesper_fm

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017
I use a logitech g430. I had the same problem. I used the 3,5mm before but when i switched to the USB switch the problemed stoped.

Status
Not open for further replies.