Do I Root My LG G3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silibant

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
I got the LG G3 a few days ago, and aside from liking it loads, I've noticed that there's a one click, on device root method for it. Now, I have a warranty which I don't want to waste, but the ability to root after being locked to an unrootable device for the past 2 years is so alluring! Advice?

Silibant

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013

Ok, thanks for the advice. Do you know anything that would really improve my android experience if I did? (Happy with battery life, performance, etc)

Silibant

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013

I guess it's good I have Nova Prime, then. :^)

xrhstos7003

Estimable
Apr 13, 2014
There are plenty root aps that apply something like turbo boost on the CPU and WiFi signal boosting.

I have rooted 2 phones, one with 4zroot and the other I rotted it manually by formating to ntfs and installing android x86.

It is up to you

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Rooting is useful for sure but you will void your warranty. However unrooting and reseting every thing to stock will give you warranty because no one will know that device was rooted or not. Rooting will give you ability to install custom ROMs that have different taste than stock. These ROMs increase performace, battery life etc. Only root doesn't improves your performance, it gives you permission to edit anything in system. Some root apps can improve performance for you, more performance can be achieved by custom kernel because some of them have ability to overclock CPU and GPU. I have S3 with stock ROM and custom kernel, I can overclock it from 1.4 Ghz (stock frequency) to 1.6 - 1.7 Ghz (OC), but I don't do it because it uses more battery.. Overclock might cause instability but if it is stable, it will increase performance. You can get more free RAM by apps like "greenify", it can hibernate select user+system apps to free up RAM + less load on CPU because apps have its process too. Rooting can also give you ability to change boot animations, change status bar style, theme system apps etc. But if you are happy with it as it as, leave it unroot till it lags/ get worse on performance/you get bored by it/ warranty is over. :D Btw you have good device.

EDIT: You can use some game cheats, like CLEO that gives you cheats for GTA 3, vice city, san andreas.

Silibant

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013

Thanks, I was on the fence between it and the S5 but I decided on LG this time, as I liked the UI better and they've both got good specs/performance. On a side note, do you happen to know any good emulators for android? I have GBA4iOS on my iPad mini, and I've seen my friend playing all sorts of emulated stuff on his phone, but I can't find an emulator for android that doesn't require root or something silly like that.

Silibant

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013

I rooted my phone using the Towelroot APK, and if you get G3 Tweaksbox, it can remove that.

Status
Not open for further replies.