Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lenovo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FauxOsprey939

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014
Hi guys,

I am starting a computer science university course soon and i am looking at buying a laptop which i can take with me to work on and to also do work at different places so i am not just in my room all the time working ;)

I have a desktop already which i can upgrade if needed as i built it my self anyway so all good on the desktop front, it already plays games good so should be all good with programming :)

anyways the question i am asking you guys is what brand is best for me? i have been looking at hp's which have more ram and a quad core processor but i have heard from various people that the hard drives are cruddy on them and fail a lot of the time and i don't want that :/ i have also been looking at a lenovo g700 which looks good as it has a larger screen but less ram at 6gb when compared to 8gb on the hp.

Im not sure what to go with i am leaning towards the quad core so that it handles multi tasking much better but i don't want the hard drive to fail on me half way through my course and loose everything because i just may cry a little. having said all of this i am planning on buying a external hdd which i can store all important work on and possibly a copy of a backup in case the hdd on the laptop fails :)

Im just not sure which one to go with !! there is so much choice ;)

so guys if you can recommend any laptops which fit my needs then please recommend them to me my budget is about £500 also i would like to do a bit of gaming on the laptop so i think the quad core and more ram will suit that better but then the lenovo has the bigger screen which is always good :)

thanks guys i will try to answer any questions which you may have :)

The top several laptop brands for quality are ASUS and Lenovo with the rest in a fairly close jumble after them with ACER at the trailing end.

6 vs 8 gig of RAM won't affect you much. You do want an i5, and you don't need to worry about hard drive failing because you will be buying nother external drive to use for backups the same time as you get the laptop. For your budget you may as well forget about much gaming or you will be compromizing in build quality to cram slightly faster parts in for a low price. If you want a laptop for gaming as well as school work, add 2-300 to the budget.

If you want a system that feels very quick, get a system with a solid state drive. You may lose some space but if you don't keep movies on your drive or install 10 large programs on the system you will be OK.