Require advice on selling my laptop

LaptopGamer1

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
Hello everyone,

I'm seriously considering building my own high performance desktop (will be used for gaming and general tasks). However... and It pains me to say this... but I'm going to have to sell my laptop in order to partially fund the building of a desktop.

So may I ask for all of your opinions on where is the best place to sell my laptop?
... and at which price would you recommend selling it at? (based upon the information I have provided below)

My laptop is a Lenovo y580 (purchased for £850 just over a year ago I believe)
Absolute mint condition as it's been within the best of care and undergone a lot of regular cleaning

• Windows 8.1 (bought with Windows 8 on it so I'm not sure when formatting will this be reverted back to Windows 8?)
    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
    Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 660M
    HDD 883GB (I'm guessing this would of initially been advertised as 1tb, can anyone confirm?)
    I believe it also has a sandisk 16GB SSD although I've never used this before

1366 x 768 HD screen
    Very high quality backlit keyboard
    Very high quality large touchpad
    high quality JBL branded speakers

The laptop also came with DOLBY Home Theatre v4 (which gets the most out of the speakers for sure)

p.s I have another questions non-related to the sale of my laptop, is it a good idea to build a desktop pc with such high quality components, taking into consideration it is the first one I will build? (bearing in mind I enjoy learning and research components)

I would like to build my own because it allows me to decide upon what case, what components etc and for the fact that I built it myself!

Thanks for your replies in advance, I can recall how helpful this community was when I purchased the laptop just over a year ago.

LaptopGamer (or maybe not for long...) :)