3G on Android tablet - HELP !!

rSPECTRUM

Estimable
Jun 9, 2014
Hello !

So, my friend has an Android tablet made by Allview, the model is TX1 Quasar (it has 3G built it). He's in Austria right now and he bought a Delight Mobile sim and then he activated an option with 5GB (the price was 10 euros or something like that). So, he had to send a specific code at a specific number to recieve those GBs and he did so but he can't acces internet.

He recieved a message from Delight in which they told him that he has 5GBs and other info and he turned 3G on (you know, that sign with two arrows, one up, one down) but he couldn't acces internet.

Do you think he has do to some specific settings ? Or he has to recieve a settings message ? I'm from Romania an here I also have 3G internet from Vodafone but a long time ago I've recieved a settings message which I had to install and then reset my phone ( or something like that). Do you think he needs this kind of message ? Or do you think that he has to go to settings and change some things there ?

I've read on Google and I've found that he should go to settings - mobile networks - network operators and select "Search Networks" to scan for a list of available networks. So, from here he has to select his network provider (Delight Mobile in this case) ? And if so should he check GSM or WCDMA ? From what I've read WCDMA means 3G and GSM 2G, so... WCDMA should be the choice, right ? And after all that should he be able to finally acces internet ?

Sorry for my broken english, I'm not used to it.

Solution
Make sure that he turn of WiFi while activation 3G connection. If this doesn't works that he might have to set APN. Tell him to go to settings - More connections -> Mobile networks -> Access points
Above location might be different for him. There he have to set new APN.
Name: any
APN: webuk.mundio.com
Authuntication= none
And keep rest as it as, after saving and selecting this apn, reconnect to internet.

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
When I had to use 3G I called my carrier's helpline and they said that they have activated 3G on my number and reboot device after 5 minutes. He might need to talk helpline / customer care of his service provider. When he start internet, he should see "3G" written next to signals at status bar. It might show "H" that is 3.5G or "H+" that is 3.7G.

rSPECTRUM

Estimable
Jun 9, 2014
Well... I spoke to my friend this evening and I told him to enter settings and do stuff I said above and he told me that after some tries with manual selection of networks and auto-search (didn't figured out which way) the tablet ''said'' : ''registered to network''. And after that as you said a flashing 3G icon appeared next to signal status but still he can't acces internet.

He tried to search something on google but the page would not load but instead say : ''Could not locate network'', or something like that, you know, as your ethernet cable would be out.

Do you know any way he could check if the internet is working ?

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Make sure that he turn of WiFi while activation 3G connection. If this doesn't works that he might have to set APN. Tell him to go to settings - More connections -> Mobile networks -> Access points
Above location might be different for him. There he have to set new APN.
Name: any
APN: webuk.mundio.com
Authuntication= none
And keep rest as it as, after saving and selecting this apn, reconnect to internet.

Solution

rSPECTRUM

Estimable
Jun 9, 2014
Still no succes. I'm getting real tired here trying to fix it out. He created the APN as you said above, the WI-FI was turned off, the 3G signal was flashing as it should, he has 5GB of data, he's registered to a network operator from settings- mobile networks- .... but still he can't acces internet, it does not work. I don't know what he could do... I found this on google : http://nerdynerdnerdz.com/2239/att-apn-mms-settings-android/

Should I tell my friend to do these settings for T-Mobile Customers ?

rSPECTRUM

Estimable
Jun 9, 2014
Ok mate, I'll tell him to do so, the problem is that he's no Goethe and his German is not so great but I think he'll work it out somehow. And about the 3G icon, no, it doesn't blink, it's the arrows next to it that blink. Anyway thanks!