Smart phone protection: is a case needed?

bmcf1lm

Estimable
Jun 18, 2014
So I am planning on soon upgrading to the LG G3. I decided to look at options for a case and screen protector, as on my iphone 5C, the screen got very few scratches and was horribly devalued for trade-in. I really do not like cases, but it would be better to have one for protection. So, against my liking, I looked up cases and found a modest, mostly clear case. Then, I decided to go look at tempered Glass screen protectors. As I was reading the reviews, many people were saying that they only had a screen protector and no case. I want to keep my phone safe, but I also want do not want to have a case. Is it a good idea what people are doing or is a case more of a necessary for smartphone protection?

Solution
A shock absorbing case will help slow the phone more gently if it is dropped. It doesn't take a lot to lessen the G force significantly. I personally don't like screen protectors. They always seem to end up with bubbles in them... Gorilla glass 3 used in the G3 is pretty durable.

kanewolf

Judicious
A shock absorbing case will help slow the phone more gently if it is dropped. It doesn't take a lot to lessen the G force significantly. I personally don't like screen protectors. They always seem to end up with bubbles in them... Gorilla glass 3 used in the G3 is pretty durable.

Solution

KoutsiDK

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
If you dont mind the looks of phone with a case then go for it. I felt too bad when my Z1 droped. At least a case will conceal completely the little dent on my frame so luckily its not too late for me. But yes as long as you are still "in love" with your phone protect it.