Refurbished Dell Venue 8 question

oldlady54

Estimable
Aug 5, 2014
Hi all, I am looking at a dell venue 8 tab on eBay and see that the refurbished models and all but brand new do not come with office loaded, since I already have office on my laptop is there a way to load it onto the tablet that doesn't take an expert to do??
thanks
Cheryl

Update, went ahead and purchased a new dell venue 8 and love it so far but please see thread on keyboard question, sorry about the threads being kind of messed up this is the first forum I have ever joined.

Solution
There is not really any easy nor fully legal way I know of to transfer it from your own laptop to this tablet, even though both are Windows. It would take some registry editing and it likely has built-in protection to avoid being transferred to another device. The easiest thing to do is see if you still have your Microsoft Office box and look for the product key and then download it from Microsoft's website with that product key.

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014
There is not really any easy nor fully legal way I know of to transfer it from your own laptop to this tablet, even though both are Windows. It would take some registry editing and it likely has built-in protection to avoid being transferred to another device. The easiest thing to do is see if you still have your Microsoft Office box and look for the product key and then download it from Microsoft's website with that product key.

Solution

oldlady54

Estimable
Aug 5, 2014

oldlady54

Estimable
Aug 5, 2014
Shoot, I did purchase a backup disc when I upgraded to Office Pro 2013 so should have that product key around here somewhere! Don't know why I didn't think of that myself :( Being able to buy a refurbished model will save me some cash I can use for peripherals like a case/keyboard combo and blue-tooth.
Thanks a lot

Andrei_316

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
I'm not saying anything but theres this thing online where you could share files across the internet *cough torrent cough* its totally legal... but some people do illegal things ;) but isn't there like a trial version you could download and just put your key and Baaam it'll work? Also Google Drive is pretty bad compared to what Microsoft has... Skydrive with their Office Online is a god send with people without office :p

oldlady54

Estimable
Aug 5, 2014

oldlady54

Estimable
Aug 5, 2014
I just purchased a Dell Venue 8 Pro and LOVE it. Have a blue-tooth keyboard, stylus, and case on the way so am getting set up.

Came to find out that I cant use my Office Pro 2013 on a tablet anyway so will need to check out the Office Skydrive.
Thanks for the information!
Cheryl