Anyone Can Raid my Android Mobile Device ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizdrazel

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
Many of my Android apps require access to my "Photos/Media/Files". Much of my Dropbox cloud file system sits on my cellphone. Does this mean that any app can access any and all of my Dropbox files? And, by extension, doesn't this mean that any employee of the app company can legally use a backdoor into my cellphone, and my files?

drizdrazel

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
Not RAID, raid. As in hack, open, steal, plunder!!! But of course, you knew that when you read my post :) and are just being a silly boy.

So is it true? Does the app, and anyone associated with the app, have access to my files?

Calaghan Grainger

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014

LOL RAID to raid. Seriously though. Technically speaking on a mobile platform they should not have access to the files unless they have access to the device or to your drop box. However understanding and being suspicious about flaws and security in general I would have to say that since there is documented malware on the Android OS if someone wanted to code a malicious application for that purpose and you unwilling/knowingly installed it yes I could see someone getting access to the info required, or intercepting data to and from and obtaining access to the files.

popatim

Splendid
Look thru the apps you've installed Full Permissions list. I think you will be shocked a what you've given people/companies access to. While most of this is just for tracking & selling it can certainly be used maliciously and often has via updates which bypass the app store. Nothing important should be stored on a connected android device IMO. It is the least secure and most easily comprised modern OS there is. Might as well be running dos 6.22 LoL

Calaghan Grainger

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014

I agree. I would have once said only BB however I have serious doubts about them now as they an install android apps so logically they would be able to be exploited in the same manner. Than again I believe (correct me if I am incorrect) that when you convert an apk to bar and install it, it will run in some sort of sandboxed mode

drizdrazel

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
Great answers, thanks. I'm going to simply remove any sensitive personal data from my phone. But even then, many still have access to my phone contacts, my phone call records, my location, etc. etc... In those cases, I'll probably just get rid of the app itself. For most of my apps, they don't NEED that kind of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.