Change line out of an old clock radio into a line in.

Lampost

Estimable
Aug 6, 2014
Hi there, I'm wondering if I could transform either the headphone, or the line out of my 1970's era clock radio into a line-in jack? I don't know why I want to exactly, but I would like to use the internal components, such as it's built in radio amp. Am I talking nonsense? Will I need to add a separate amplifier and switch to make it even possible? Is this even a forum for this kind if thing? It's a vintage flip click radio and has terrible sound, but I don't know, I like it for some reason. If it is even remotely possible, maybe you could point me in the right direction? Or if not, maybe some website where this kind of thing would be more applicable?

Anyways, thanks for reading!

You would have to find a schematic for the radio, which is probably not available, to determine where you would connect an input. I would say that since the sound is terrible it makes no sense to bother. Buy a powered speaker that you can connect to the output and use that to give you better sound for the radio and anything else you want to connect to it.